CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Dave's new bike!

Guest post by the lovable Dave...

After a couple of rides into and out of town on a rather tired 10 speed bike supplied by my boss, I decided to take the plunge and invest in a decent bike to haul myself to work and back combined with a desire, nay a need, to get fitter.
So, with Gareth’s help last Saturday, I drove into Ballina to the bike shop recommended by m’colleagues. Naturally, given my height, there were just 2 bikes that were tall enough and I ended selecting the bright red rocket you see in the photo.
Twenty one gears (!!), a broad enough seat, a rack and basket on the back strong enough for the laptop and good lights and a snazzy new pump and I’ve been biking in to town every day since – including Sunday!
It’s a four and a half kilometre ride into town and I can now complete it in around 12 minutes and getting faster. I have a combination speedo/odometer/trip computer of sorts that came with the lights so it’ll be interesting to see what improvement greater fitness, and thigh muscles, brings.
A picture Dave found of his bike on the net.
But I tell you what, it sure beats being stuck in a car in traffic!

No comments:

Post a Comment