CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 24, 2008

First Week Back at Work!!

Well the first week back at work and of course it feels like we haven't been on holiday. I suppose that's always the way though...

The last weekend of the school holidays was spent preparing an hour long presentation that I had to give the teachers at my school. I was nicely surprised that the talk went so well. A few of the teachers came and personally thanked me for the talk, saying that it was really interesting and that I spoke very clearly and confidently. My principal came up and shook my hand after I gave the speech and said, 'well done!'. I was quite chuffed with myself. Dave was also very proud of me. : )

Now the reason that I've made time to get on today is because...





there is a new family member. Brenton and Annabelle welcomed their first child this afternoon about 4:00p.m. the 24th of July. Her name is Lucy. I got to hear her first cry over the telephone and it just made me want to cry. What a wonderful thing a new baby is. Such a miracle!!

Dave has already booked accomodation in Canberra for tomorrow night. So we're going up this weekend to go and see the brand new baby 'Lucy'. I'm so excited and of course so clucky and a little sad at the reminder that our baby would be due about now.

Will post some beautiful pics of the baby when we get back. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment