Three days left of school for Term one and 6 sleeps until The Easter bunny visits. There's been much excitement about the holidays, the break from school (I don't think she understands yet!!) and the chocolate that will be coming shortly.
Today as soon as I picked up Isabella she told me how she got Easter eggs from one of the girls in her class today. I totally forgot that all celebrations in kindergarten require gifts of some sort for the whole class. Luckily this usually only entails Easter (chocolate eggs) a birthday (cake or lolly bags) and Christmas (hopefully a Kris Kringle gift for one child). Then there's presents for the teacher at Easter, her birthday, the end of the year and when you're in Kindergarten sometimes every day of the school year. I bet Kindy teachers get a lot of loot during the year. Probably not stuff they'd pick themselves. I imagine they get a lot of flowers that have been picked from gardens with no stems and saved in sweaty hands or pockets, melted chocolate bits lovingly held with warm fingers, drawings, paintings, recycled goods of many varieties. Isabella decorated a cereal box with bits of paper and stickers. Luckily it made its way to school!
Below are photos of how we made our little Easter favors today.


Today as soon as I picked up Isabella she told me how she got Easter eggs from one of the girls in her class today. I totally forgot that all celebrations in kindergarten require gifts of some sort for the whole class. Luckily this usually only entails Easter (chocolate eggs) a birthday (cake or lolly bags) and Christmas (hopefully a Kris Kringle gift for one child). Then there's presents for the teacher at Easter, her birthday, the end of the year and when you're in Kindergarten sometimes every day of the school year. I bet Kindy teachers get a lot of loot during the year. Probably not stuff they'd pick themselves. I imagine they get a lot of flowers that have been picked from gardens with no stems and saved in sweaty hands or pockets, melted chocolate bits lovingly held with warm fingers, drawings, paintings, recycled goods of many varieties. Isabella decorated a cereal box with bits of paper and stickers. Luckily it made its way to school!
Below are photos of how we made our little Easter favors today.


I love the spoils of being a kindy/ year 1 teacher! Lots of beautiful love notes, lots of thoughtfully chosen gifts...nothing makes me feel more important than the things that took time and effort. Writing is pretty tricky in kindy, so a letter or card is priceless!! Bella's special gifts are perfect. I have pinned the paint sample easter eggs but didn't get around to it this year. Great job Mum!
ReplyDelete