CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 9, 2012

Looking back ...

Last year we moved into the house we're in now. I was just finishing work and about 4 weeks off of giving birth to our wonderful baby number four. It was a very busy time. We managed to get organised enough last year to celebrate Easter and even remember to take some photos! It was all a blur really. I even managed to take the kids along to the Sydney Easter Show dressed as a whale. Well maybe not dressed as a whale, but I certainly looked and felt like one. Eveyone thought I was mad taking the kids to the Easter show when I was so close to giving birth. I knew better though. I knew that when baby number four arrived I would have no time to myself let alone the kids. Anyway I'm getting distracted...

I wanted to share a photo from last year and then compare it to another one this year taken from the same spot. My how the children have grown. Josh has gone from looking like a little boy to more like a man. Sammy doesn't look much different, but Isabella seems more grown up and of course now we have little Hamish.
Easter 2011
Easter 2012
This year I got the table ready for breakfast the night before which was just lovely. It meant that after the rush of half asleep Easter egg hunting (we're the one's that are half asleep not the kids of course)I didn't need to rush to get breakfast ready. We got to sit down and eat as a family. While the kids ate their first chocolate egg we heated up the croissants and the adults drank coffee. We then all sat down and ate croissants while the bacon was cooking in the oven. Then David cooked the eggs in our fancy egg poacher (it does 6 eggs at a time) and made toast and we then ate egg and bacon with another cup of coffee. We got to sit around and chat and enjoy Easter relatively calmly. So nice.
We even managed a self-timed photo of the family with my new camera. Very funny. We have a couple of serious ones, but it was much more fun to do the crazy faces. The problem of course is keeping a still face while the little light flicks away. Anyone do self-portrait shots of the family?

The serious one.
Our crazy mob!

 The kids all got pyjamas this year. I was marvelling at Josh's pyjamas that were for a small man. My little boy has grown out of the children's department. : ( He had to see if he was finally taller than his mum. I kept saying not even close. But I think I only have a couple of months of being taller. He is literally growing taller every day at the moment. Here's proof that I'm still taller.
I'm still taller!!

No comments:

Post a Comment