Today we woke at 7, got dressed, ate breakfast and then were out of the door at 8:09am. I thought we made great timing considering Isabella usually lives by her own rules. Two and a quarter hours there and a little shorter on the way back. Luckily the kids were glued to their DVD players on the way there and Isabella slept (for once) like a baby. On the way back the DVD players ran out of juice after an hour and then the ‘are we there yet’ started. It just goes to show what a godsend technology is on long trips!! Isabella was on her best behaviour today and slept most of the way back too!!!
We visited Jane (daughter of one of my mum’s friends) and her three children, Nathan, Phoebe and Brooke. We got there just in time for morning tea of home-made doughnuts (yummo!!) and the biscuits I bought (shop made NOT home made unfortunately). We stayed for lunch and then left about 3 for the long trip home.
The kids played together really well all day, with Josh falling in love with their soccer-playing dog. I think if Jane had wanted to find a new home for their dog Josh would’ve put his hand up straight away. I mean, not only was this a DOG (which is very important at the moment!!), but a dog that plays soccer!!
Sammy was very sweet with Phoebe and Brooke and read to them and played nicely in their room for most of the day. She wasn’t quite as popular as Isabella was when we first arrived, but once we explained to the girls, only 3 and 5 years old, that Sammy was really far more interesting than the baby, they decided that they would like to play with her after all. When we first arrived they wanted to touch Isabella, hold her, poke her ,prod her, touch her some more, ask lots of questions about her and watch her very closely. Isabella didn’t do much at all other than look at these two little girls with great fascination.
Jane and I got to talk about the big move to the far north coast, which they had done quite a few years before, how they had coped, how they love it now and of course all about building houses, which they’ve done. We also talked babies of course and our shared love of craft and scrapbooking. Jane very kindly gave me some hints on how to finish my baby quilt and gave me an old quilt that she doesn’t use anymore. Its reds and blues, very busy and great for hiding vomit!! We really had a wonderful day together. As soon as Dave got home I got to tell him about this amazing house I’d been to that would just be perfect for our family AND has the much wanted bullnose verandah attached. I’ve already told Jane that I would be inviting myself over on a weekend so that Dave could have a good look at their wonderful home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment