I've been very busy settling everyone into school and blogging has been right at the bottom of my todo list. So I thought I'd try and get back into it.
Today I made a new menu board. The last one was just made out of the biggest photo frame I had lying around at home. This time I actually went and bought a frame. It cost $10. Pretty cheap and nice and big. I was finding it hard to fit our weekly menu into the space I had!!
Well I rummaged through my scrapbook supplies and found some letter stickers, flower stickers and paper. It took me about 10 minutes to put the board together and it's made it much easier to write on and see. The kids actually noticed it as soon as they got home from school today.
I've been plodding along with my menu planning and only missed a week when we got back from our holidays. I should try and write them down so I can reuse the meal plans that worked. I'd like to plan a whole terms worth of meals for when I'm back at work. That's 10 weeks worth. We'd probably do a 3 week rotation of easy meals that just work. It'll be one less thing to worry about! I need to find some more no-fail recipes now.
Work...
I don't even want to think about going back yet. I'm just enjoying being a mum who coffees, lunches and organists play dates. Lol it's not quite as easy as that, but that would be the ideal.
Today I made a new menu board. The last one was just made out of the biggest photo frame I had lying around at home. This time I actually went and bought a frame. It cost $10. Pretty cheap and nice and big. I was finding it hard to fit our weekly menu into the space I had!!
Well I rummaged through my scrapbook supplies and found some letter stickers, flower stickers and paper. It took me about 10 minutes to put the board together and it's made it much easier to write on and see. The kids actually noticed it as soon as they got home from school today.
I've been plodding along with my menu planning and only missed a week when we got back from our holidays. I should try and write them down so I can reuse the meal plans that worked. I'd like to plan a whole terms worth of meals for when I'm back at work. That's 10 weeks worth. We'd probably do a 3 week rotation of easy meals that just work. It'll be one less thing to worry about! I need to find some more no-fail recipes now.
Work...
I don't even want to think about going back yet. I'm just enjoying being a mum who coffees, lunches and organists play dates. Lol it's not quite as easy as that, but that would be the ideal.

Wow! Very flash menu plan and it looks very pretty. Ours just goes up on the IKEA whiteboard- which will very soon become the jobs roster. My long service leave finishes on Friday so it will have to be back to routine, routine, routine and "Oh for goodness sake why can't you just put your toothbrush back in the glass when you have finished with it!" Isn't it lovely being a Mummy full- time for a while :)
ReplyDelete