CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Lemonade Scones

From www.recipes4us.co.uk
There's nothing like a scone with jam and cream, think devonshire tea. Very English and very delicious. We've made them twice in the last week and a bit. The lemonade scone must be the easiest scone in the world to make. Even I managed to not mess them up. The last lot I made I even had to leave the house to pick up Isabella from school before they had finished cooking. I had to leave the house, so what would you do? I turned the oven way down and left the scones in the oven for another 40 minutes. AND they still turned out okay. Yum!

I used 1 cup lemonade, 1 cup cream and 3 cups of self-raising flour. I mixed it with a knife until barely mixed together and then tipped it out onto a floured surface. The oven was preheated to 200C and I baked the scones for 20 minutes or so. I cut the scones into circles and put them close enough together so that they would be joined together when they cooked. I brushed them with milk. Super easy and super yummy.

I saw this Aussie site on food called ChocolateSuze.com and she mentioned the lovely lemonade scones. So I had to link to her! Plus she has great photos of the scones.
Here is that page.


1 comment:

  1. My mum and sister make these scones. Yum!

    ReplyDelete