Today Isabella was drawing beautiful pictures for the family and also wanted to write some letters and numbers which we worked through together. 
She needed a box to put her precious things in. Thank goodness for cereal boxes!! They make perfect boxes for precious pieces of paper and are fairly easy to cover and decorate. We used contact I had lying around from covering school books, ribbon I had from making hair clips and a little person we tore off of a greeting card.
And with all of that business Hamish has decided that learning to crawl is a waste of time and he is now standing at every available opportunity. That means when I put him down to sleep he's like a jack-in-the-box and a spring loaded one at that! It took 2 hours to get him down last night. Such a fun game standing up in the cot. He stands, can't work out how to get down, screams until someone saves him and lies him down and then up he gets again. He thought it was very funny. Me, not so much.
Yesterday was the first time Hamish crawled properly for a distance. I think it was because he had a play date with an older friend who has the crawling thing down pat. They were very cute together and I'm sure will be great mates. They'll be going to the same school when they're finally ready in another 4 years or so. I'm sure the time will fly by.

She needed a box to put her precious things in. Thank goodness for cereal boxes!! They make perfect boxes for precious pieces of paper and are fairly easy to cover and decorate. We used contact I had lying around from covering school books, ribbon I had from making hair clips and a little person we tore off of a greeting card.

And with all of that business Hamish has decided that learning to crawl is a waste of time and he is now standing at every available opportunity. That means when I put him down to sleep he's like a jack-in-the-box and a spring loaded one at that! It took 2 hours to get him down last night. Such a fun game standing up in the cot. He stands, can't work out how to get down, screams until someone saves him and lies him down and then up he gets again. He thought it was very funny. Me, not so much.

Yesterday was the first time Hamish crawled properly for a distance. I think it was because he had a play date with an older friend who has the crawling thing down pat. They were very cute together and I'm sure will be great mates. They'll be going to the same school when they're finally ready in another 4 years or so. I'm sure the time will fly by.

No comments:
Post a Comment