CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Cleaning is bad for your health!

Running around cleaning this morning I picked up a cloth that I had left on the ironing board yesterday. I had used it to clean the iron with some new iron cleaning stuff. It worked really great on the iron!

So I thought I had washed my hands well but apparently not as well as I thought. I rubbed my eye and my eye started hurting a lot. I rinsed it under the tap but it was burning more so I got David to rinse my eye out. It was very red and it looked like it had a blister on my eye. I called the community nurse number and she thought I should go into emergency.

At the triage counter the nurse sent Me straight through and had a litre of saline squirted into my eye. Not comfortable at all! The doctor then checked the ph level of my eye which was at a 9 and considered quite high. To do this he stuck a piece of paper on my eye. Ouch. He wasn't happy with how much moisture he managed to take from my eye so he did it again. Double ouch.

Then more irrigation. More wet hair and ear and everything else. I think I left with a very clean ear. The doctor then put yellow dye in my eye to check that my cornea (the see through bit on the top of your eye) wasn't damaged. It wasn't luckily, but it does make you realise how quickly you could lose your eye sight. Scary.

We're getting eye drops from the chemist and a take away coffee to cheer me up and then we're off home. Eye is still stinging but much better than before. When I got to the hospital it felt like my eye was on fire. Not nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment