Today I went to hang out with my new friend Carolyn for a mummy playdate. She is so easy to talk to and be around that I feel like I've known her for years. We hung out at her place and had tea and some delicious brownie muffins that she'd cooked while our two girls, Princess Isabella and Princess Jessica played together. They both had many outfit changes as usual (I think that the dress-up box is well-used when we visit) and held on tightly to their mobile phones (old non-working ones of course) just like us mummies and even did some craft for a while (they played with the hama beads but quickly got bored). Poor Will wanted to hang around with the girls and they put up with him to some extent. I felt sorry for him as it'll still be a couple more years before Hamish is any fun to be around. Hamish was happy to sit in his pram in the shade and watch the others eat their peanut butter sandwiches made with freshly baked bread. Isn't Carolyn great!
Carolyn and I had a long conversation about bread makers as funnily enough we had both used the same bread mixture within 12 hours of each other. There must be something in the air! My bread wasn't nearly as nice as hers and my bread maker makes loaves half the size of hers. I'll have to play around with the bread maker as Dave and the kids loved the bread even though it wasn't great. A bit of an incentive to make bread again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment