CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Rockdale and Kernell

On Saturday we decided to go to The Heritage Building Centre in Rockdale to see if we could find some glass handles for the cupboard that I painted. I've seen some handles that I like and now I'm trying to find them. No luck so far! I also don't want to buy them off ebay until I've had a chance to hold them in my hand and find out if I actually still like them. So at the moment I'm just exploring places that many sell them. The Heritage Building Centre was like a treasure cave, but everything was seriously overpriced. Dave and I love 'The Pickers' (an American show on TV about two guys who scrounge for old things and then sell them for a profit) and this place is like one of the properties that they visit. It's full of interesting stuff. Unfortunately it's already been picked and a hefty price tag has been attached. Pooey! We didn't find the handles that I wanted!
So while we were in Rockdale we decided to get something for morning tea. Everyone was hungry and when we saw a little cafe with cute cupcakes on display and a parking out the front for our huge bus we quickly pulled in. I was sure they were closed as no-one was in there. But as we approached we realised that they were open and they had a shopful of treats to choose from. Yummy! They're called 'Cupcake Dolly' and unfortunately they don't have a website but they're on Rocky Point Road in Ramsgate and really cute. Sammy had the Tirimisu cupcake, Bella had the Chocolate, Dave had the Peanut Butter and Jelly cupcake (really!) and Josh and I had little dessert cup each. We had coffees and drinks and Hamish chewed quietly on his pram buckles while we decided where to go next. Dave decided that we should go and visit Captain Cook's landing site in Kernell. I can honestly say that I didn't know anything about Kernell and although I wasn't excited about the prospect of a history lesson on a Saturday afternoon I ended up enjoying myself and so did the kids. I think they may have even learnt something!
Tirimisu
Me and my Greek Rice Pudding. Yum!
Sucking on his strap.
A pudding called Chocolate Dirt.
Peanut and Jelly Cupcake.
She ate all the icing first!

Josh being silly for me!
Holding up the Cenotaph at Kernell.

No comments:

Post a Comment