On Saturday Sammy was taken to both dress rehearsals by Sandra and I am forever grateful. I would never be able to take the kids to all their activities without such great friends to help with pick ups and drops off (with my sanity intact). So on Saturday after already having Sammy for a sleepover the night before and taking Sammy all the way to Lindfield for a dress rehearsal and then bringing her all the way back home so that she could have lunch Sandra then offered to take her back to the venue for her next rehearsal before the evening performance. It was so appreciated!!
The girls arrived from the first rehearsal looking so cute in their black tutus and I couldn't wait to see them all dressed up for the concert.
 |
| Back from rehearsal in their black tutus. |
Rhapsody Studios always put on great concerts and we weren't disappointed. The choreography really showed off the girls dance skills and their costumes were wonderfully theatrical. The girls had so much fun playing dress-ups, doing their hair and putting make-up on and they looked so grown-up. I can't believe my little girl is almost a teenager. Before too long I think that Sammy and her friends will be wearing make-up on a regular basis. I hope not too soon!
After the concert the girls were well and truly pumped up and it took a while for them to calm down. Unfortunately as soon as the concert was over we had to take the older two up to their dad's place and try and find them some dinner on the way. That always means junk food. Yuck! Luckily my parents offered to take Isabella to their place for a sleepover so that we didn't have to drag her along for the almost 3 hour round trip and it also gave me a chance to have a much needed 'serious' talk with my ex without having to worry about Isabella being awake or asleep.
 |
| With the flower we gave her after the performance. |
 |
| Cool man in his hat. |
By the time Dave and I got home we were exhausted and it was close to midnight! Too late for someone who gets woken up during the night!
 |
| Waiting for the concert to start. Hot and no airconditioning! |
No comments:
Post a Comment