CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 7, 2011

Recording baby's milestones

So does baby number four have to have what baby number one, two and three have had? Are you recording all those little milestones and achievements for prosperity because one day they'll look back and want to know what they were like when they were a baby? Well poor Isabella (being number three) made me feel like an awful mother when Hamish was born and we were going through the older two's baby books to see how much they weighed etc. Poor Isabella had the figures and anecdotes, but absolutely NO photos printed off. I felt so guilty that I spent an entire afternoon and evening finding and printing off photos to put in her baby record book. She was so happy! It made me realise that I had better do Hamish's book too or I'll be hearing about it when he's four!

Well today Hamish was exactly 6 months old. I measured and weighed him and wrote down little bits about his routines, likes, favourites and more. Here are his stats:

Weight at birth: 3260g

Weight at 6 months: 9kg

So my lovely little love muffin has put on nearly 6kgs in 6 months!! Wow!

Birth length: 51 cm

Length at 6 months: 67cm

That's growth of 16cm! I think he's going to be very tall! Dave checked a website out that says it can predict your height from your parents height, your age, length and weight. It says that Hamish will be 6'3". Shorter than Dave, but taller than Josh who will supposedly only be 6'1". I'm not so sure that you can predict height, but Josh is already put out that his baby brother might be taller than him. I can't wait to find out.

Hamish slept for the second time this week, from 7:30pm until 7am. I woke up on those two mornings with a smile on my face and Dave said that I almost reminded him of the normal me. I hope that this is the start of some sort of sleeping routine. I would be so excited if I could get two nights in a row where I got to sleep longer than 4 hours! Of course I'd like to think that it's something that I've done and give myself a big pat on the back for being such a good mummy, but I don't think it's me. Some babies love to sleep and some don't. Partly it's just luck of the draw, partly nature and of course some of what you do. I've tried to keep to a routine at night which has helped, but have not had any luck during the day and just try not to stress about it. He'll learn to sleep when he needs it and I can't do anything about having to do grocery shopping or take the kids to activities or cook dinner or take Isabella out.

Tomorrow I've got to remember to take his foot and hand prints. I've done it with all the kids and so I need to make the time to do it for him too. I really love looking back at those little hand and foot prints and remembering how small they were.
Here are the prints from 11 weeks. They were supposed to be done at birth. It only took me 11 weeks to get around to it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment