 |
| A sneak peak of my beautiful Christmas skirt. |
 |
| Sleeping peacefully in his new sleep suit. |
So today I finally finished that Christmas tree skirt that I've been making. Well finished the sewing part that is! I've still got to cut off all the little bits of thread all over the skirt and that's going to take quite a bit longer than 5 minutes. So at the moment the skirt is keeping our lovely rocking horse warm and I'll try and get around to it tomorrow. Hamish was a good little boy today and slept for nearly four hours. I was sorry that I didn't take the opportunity to have a sleep myself, but lately he's only been sleeping for an hour or an hour and a half at the longest. Not enough for me to have a sleep! So instead of a sleep, Isabella and I watched 'The Story of Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer' snuggled up together on the couch. It was lovely. We were so cosy together and I almost fell asleep. Isabella had spent the night at Granny and Pa's house last night and arrived home around lunchtime. She then played 'Barbie' so nicely while I sewed. I could hear her making Barbie and Ken have lots of conversations that sounded strangely familiar. Kind of like someone had been recording our conversations. We must be very careful of what we say infront of her! She's just at the age of taking everything in. Very funny too though! Do we really sound like that?! Once the Christmas skirt was finished we played Barbie for a bit. Then we played 'shops'. I wasn't such a fan of that game as most of the stuff that had made it into her shop were things that I didn't want to go missing like my car and house keys. We had to have a little conversation about what things she can sell in her shop!
Tonight was the task of making a menu for Christmas Eve brunch. The older two kids and Dave were at their last Scout evening of the year. They went to laser tag as an end of year celebration and so I was left to my own devices this evening. I decided to go to Pinterest and see if I could find some nice ideas for brunch and also for Isabella's fairy party that we're having on Sunday. Once I started looking around Pinterest I couldn't get off. There were so many different things to look at. I love Pinterest!! If you haven't had a look around then you need to check it out. What a great way of organising pictures of things you like the look of. Here's my boards.
Here is the menu so far:
Muesli
Greek yoghurt/Vanilla
cream yoghurt
Mixed berries
Orange segments
Fresh fruit
platter
Nutella dip
Ricotta dip
Pancakes
Crepes
Croissants
Ham off the bone
Shaved cheese
Mini omelettes
Zucchini, tomato
and gorgonzola puff pastry tarts
Tomato and basil
quiche
Bacon and
Zucchini quiche
Oven dried
tomatoes
Asparagus spears
Salad
Fresh baguettes
Orange Juice
Champagne
Mineral Water
Tea
Coffee
You can go
here and see my pinterest brunch board.
No comments:
Post a Comment