CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas Craft 2011

Each year I just have to make a little something new for Christmas. This year the internet was instrumental in many of the crafty things that I made. So here goes...
  1. Christmas skirt made after seeing this one on Miss Mustard Seed. It was divine, but I wanted to be able to stick mine in the washing machine. So I needed to sew it. Here is her tutorial. I followed it and modified it as I went.
  2. A felt bauble that I saw on Zakka Life which even had a very easy to follow tutorial.Very cute. I must make these with my students when I go back to work next year. Easy and so pretty.
  3. A white felt bauble with a red snowflake on it. I got the snowflake design from a snowflake on a door that I found on Pinterest. When I clicked through to the link on Pinterest it took me to Ucreate with Kids. I've had a look around and the site looks great.
  4. I made this ruffled Christmas tree from this tutorial from Miss Flibbertigibbet. My ruffled tree doesn't look as nice as this one, but my dear Sammy loves it!
  5. I've also started making a coffee filter wreath that I saw on the Nester. I've run out of coffee filters and so it's only half done. The unfortunate issue I had was that I had bought the wrong sort of filters. I made do with the ones I had and it is looking good. I'll be glad when it's finished.
  6. A made a little felt covered present to hang on the tree. I haven't actually seen one on the internet, but did see a badly made one in Myers which gave me the idea to use my left over sponge from covering my chairs here.
  7. Activities for my advent calendar. I got the idea for it here  at Heather Renz and here at Tip Junkie.
Wow I didn't realise how many things I've made for Christmas. Go me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment