CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Twenty-two days, a sneak peak and a house

My rolling hem foot did all the hard work.
All the cut strips.
The strips with a rolled hem on one side.
Last night I decided to do something with my calico. And just like a good book once I started sewing I couldn't stop!! I measured, I cut, I even rolled hems!! Not much to see yet but it will be beautiful when it's finished.
This morning was an early start!! I had to take Bella to dance class. The usually good thing is that I get almost one hour of child free time!! I get to drink a coffee while it's hot all the way from start to finish and nurture my inner paparazzi by reading Who or Woman's Weekly and catch up on uninterrupted gossip. Just like bubble-gum for the brain. Delicious!! Only this morning I got to get my coffee take-away and watch her dance class. It happens once a year and today was the day. There was an audible sigh from all the parents who suddenly realised that their little bit of respite from their dancing queen was gone for the week. We all looked at each other and one of the mums said,"oh I guess you'll only need us in half an hour won't you." and before Miss Ellie had a chance to say anything we all chimed in with, "Yes. In half an hour we'll be back" before she could clarify that we could stay for the whole class. We all needed caffeine and that was the end of that!!
Bella wearing her jazz shoes and a little tutu.
Showing me how she can touch her toes.
Here are some adorable "dance class" photos.
Straight after that was a visit to Macquarie Centre where Sammy had an ice-skating party to attend. That left us three hours to search for outdoor furniture. We had lunch and afternoon tea and bought bits and pieces we probably don't need and then picked up Sammy. Off to Parramatta Rd for a look at more outdoor furniture and then a quick Costco shop before heading home.
The box and the goodies shared out into bowls.
Josh's lolly and icing mess.
Sammy's smile matches her gingerbread man.
A bowl of baked beans awaits finishing.
The house ready to decorate.
The finished house. The kids had to wait a day to eat this!
The usual feed, bath and dress Hamish before putting him to bed and then Dave made dinner for us and after we did advent activity number three. Make a gingerbread house. When I say 'make' I really mean 'construct' a gingerbread house because all our stuff came in a cardboard box. Here they are enjoying themselves.
They did a great job!! I added some little swirls to use up the last of the icing. They have to wait until tomorrow to eat it. The only reason I get away with this is that they get to eat the little biscuit they decorate after they finish with the house. Good all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment