CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Macarons by Magaret Fulton

Piped and ready to go in the oven. Mixture too firm.
After actually making the mixture I re-read the heading only to find out that I was making 'macaroons' or Italian Ameretti which is NOT what I wanted at all. No wonder they don't look quite right. Oh well. We'll eat them anyway! : ) Here's the recipe:
Ingredients:
2 egg whites; 1 1/3 cups freshly ground almonnds, 1 cup caster sugar, 2 tbsp icing sugar, sifted, extra icing sugar for dusting. 
Method:
Beat egg whites to a firm snow and fold in almonds and sugars. Pipe mixture on to squares of greaseproof paper in small round or oval shapes. Dust with icing sugar and leave about 4 hours. Bake macaroonss in a preheated moderately slow oven (160 C/ 325 F) for 15 minutes or until delicately browned. Cool before removing from paper squares. Store in airtight container. Makes 14 - 16.
Not like macarons at all. : (
Well I thought that this was a different way of making macarons and I really just thought that Magaret Fulton had mispelt 'macarons' as 'macaroons' in the recipe. It was only later that I read the part under the title in small type which said 'Amaretti'. Bummer!! I'll taste them tomorrow and let you know how they taste.
So my first new year's resolution to be attempted is an utter failure. Luckily I thrive on getting things right. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment