That's just so weird to me.
Josh wanted DVDs for his birthday and we weren't really keen on buying them for him. Not that there's anything wrong with DVDs, but we just didn't want to buy them for him as a birthday present. There's not really anything special about a DVD. I suggested that he use some of his money to go toward his present and then he could think of getting some technology like a new iPod or even an iPad. Well iPad it was! And we're so impressed with it. It's so awesome! We've made sure that it doesn't have internet so that we don't have to worry about what he's doing on it. He can download stuff through iTunes and then sync his iPad through the computer in the lounge room. I'm sure people with teenagers can totally relate to this. The one rule we have is that it doesn't go to school with him. I'm sure that it would disappear if it went to school. Josh has already lost an iPod on a bus. He saved all his pennies and bought it with his own money and then left it on his school bus. We called the bus company straight away and even went to the bus depot and nobody handed it in. I was so devastated for him. What an awful way to learn about dishonest people and the ways of the world. I hope whoever found it on the bus and kept it had lots of bad luck for stealing!!
For Josh's sleepover we had hotdogs for dinner and then bought heaps of lollies for the boys to eat while watching their movies. Josh had Konrad and Emil over and had invited Aiden, but he wasn't able to come. The boys were all very well behaved, but they didn't get much sleep. At 4:00am I was woken by their laughter and shortly after Hamish wanted a feed. I fed Hamish and then fell asleep about 5ish. The boys were still awake at that stage. After I fed Hamish I wanted to go and tell them to go to sleep, but I was just too tired.
Josh came and woke us up at 7:00am for breakfast and so that he could open his presents. I said that I would make pancakes for the boys for breakfast. So once Dave had made me a cup of tea I stumbled out of bed bleary eyed and made a double batch of pikelet mixture. I cooked the whole lot into big pancakes and the kids ate them with maple syrup and ice-cream, except for Josh who had his with Nutella. I really can't believe that they had any room left in their stomachs after eating all the junk that they did.
At 10am everyone was picked up and Dave and I had a short reprieve before it was off to Boronia Park for the Moocaboolla Festival and Sammy's dance on centre stage.
| Getting ready to watch the movies. |
| Birthday cake for breakfast! |
| All comfortable now... |
| The table of food! |
No comments:
Post a Comment