CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Art of the Brick

Waiting for the ferry.
Today we went to the city to see 'The Art of the Brick' at the townhall exhibition centre. It was a Lego exhibition.

We were running a little late leaving the house to drive to the ferry wharf and luckily found parking right at the wharf. Great stuff. We ended up being right on time and only had to wait for a few minutes before the ferry arrived. Every Sunday you can get family tickets for $2.50 for each person to travel on public transport in Sydney as many times as you like. That means our travel only cost $12.50 (Hamish was free) return today. Yay for cheap travel. Because there are so many of us everything seems to always add up and become quite expensive.
Hamish in his hat.


Cheeky boy.
Two trays to feed us all.
Of course I had booked for us to go to the Lego at 1:00pm and the ferry left the wharf at 12pm which meant that we didn't have any lunch before we went. A quick visit to the Golden Arches (McDonalds) was called for on our walk from Circular Quay to Townhall. We all woofed down the food and made it to the Townhall not long after 1:00pm. Good timing again. We had to do a pit-stop at another Maccas on the way to visit the bathrooms because Isabella gives us about 2 minutes to find a toilet when she has to go.
Isabella, "I''m busting."
Me, "You mean you have to go right now."
Isabella, "I'm busting."
Me, "Can you wait?"
Isabella, "I have to go now Momma."
Me, "Do you think you're going to have an accident?"
Isabella nods.
Josh with Lego man.
Mum with Lego man.
Dave and I posing with Lego couple.

Sammy as Lego swimmer.
Bella as Lego man.
I then proceed to yell at Dave that I've got to take Isabella to the bathroom and can he meet me outside the Maccas (which is a block away). While I'm running and dragging Isabella along the road I'm also dealing with Josh and Sammy who also now need to go to the toilet. It was very funny.

We arrived relatively calmy to the Townhall exhibition and took a ton of photos with the kids and us posing with the Lego sculptures. A lot of fun and giggling was had by all. We then had a half hour wait to do the 'playing with Lego' part of our day. I brought textas and a book full of masks for the kids to colour in, Dave played on his Iphone and I fed Hamish.
Playing with the Lego.
Two of my boys.

The playing part of the day was a lot of fun. They had challenges for the kids to do. The first challenge was to build the tallest tower. Parents were allowed to help. I'm sorry to say we didn't even get a placing. My fault really. It's been some time since I played with Lego. They then had to build a car to race. Dave helped the kids, except for Isabella who wanted to do it all by herself. I love 5 year olds. So fiercely independent. Josh and Sammy's cars went okay and then Isabella had her turn along with a little boy who also had made his himself. They were the only two kids who hadn't listened to the instructions of building their cars at least 20cm long. A bit hard to tell children that don't even know what 1cm is to build something bigger. Both of their cars fell apart on the way down and there were quite a few tears from Isabella. After we told her that she'd done a great job for someone who'd never built a car before she was a lot better. It probably helped that we had a Japanese hip-hop come skipping group to watch just outside the Queen Victoria Building. They were amazing to watch. We also took the kids out for afternoon tea.
Afternoon tea of scones and iced chocolate.

On the way back to the ferry wharves over at Circular Quay we had to stop at the Apple store. Everyone had fun playing with the Iphones, the Ipads and the notebooks. It is a very cool looking store.
Next to the Christmas tree.
A very tired Hamish holding on to his toy.

Back home by 6:00pm exhausted but happy.

1 comment:

  1. Really interesting and informative images. You've certainly outlined your subject with a detailed and comprehensive manner. Some of these links are amazing, love it.

    ReplyDelete