CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Date night and a cup of sadness

Yesterday I finally had my hair done after quite an extended break from my hairdresser. Diana had a break over Christmas and then Hamish was sick and because she's newly pregnant I had to cancel the appointment. I didn't want her getting sick in her first trimester.  I managed to make another appointment for this week. But it's felt like the longest break ever!!I also discovered that I'm incredibly grey. And that is an understatement! I was running out of 'hair' options to hide my crown of white. Now my hair has not decided to behave itself and go grey gracefully. No. It looks like someone tipped grey paint on the top of my head in a splotch and that it is slowly oozing down my head. Sort of like a growing fungii. Gross.

After Diana left I felt myself again. Yay for small pleasures.

I packed Isabella up for an overnight stay at Granny's house, packed the car (who hates doing this?) and raced over to catch up with my mum and sister for a cup of tea before leaving Isabella for the night. My mum tries to take the grand-kiddies one at a time for a sleepover over the holidays. They absolutely love this. Isabella's turn was last night. That meant that there was just Dave, Hamish and myself left and my 'just done' hair. What more are you going to do with 'just done' hair than go out. So we went out for a grown-up meal in a proper restaurant at 'Hurricane' in Top Ryde.
Overflowing 'cup of sadness' yummy goodness!
And the finished product. : )
We both had divine steaks and a glass of wine. Hamish behaved beautifully and smiled at all the wait staff as they walked by our table. Most of them stopped and cooed at him, which of course made him smile even more. My little baby tried steak for the first time and LOVED it. He had red juice running down both elbows, and a vice like grip on his piece of steak with both hands. Very cute. We ummed and ahhed about having dessert there, but there wasn't anything worth having. They hadn't changed their dessert menu since we were last there and because I can't have any gluten there was only ice-cream and chocolate sauce for me. I said to Dave that we could go home and have ice-cream and a cuppa rather than fork out extra money at the restaurant AND we could watch a movie. So we went home.

I put Hamish to bed.

The chocolate munchies started and after eating about 3 handfuls of chocolate chips while searching the cupboard for inspiration I decided to google 'chocolate cake in a mug'. Well I came across a recipe for something called 'A cup of sadness' and after reading the post I had to make the recipe. I substituted the flour for 'gluten free' flour, but left everything else as is. I cooked it for 1 and 1/2 minutes and tested it with a fork and then cooked it for another 30 seconds. I then piled it high with ice-cream plus more ice-cream on the side and put a little bit of frozen berries on mine. I don't know how this recipe could only be for one, because it made two small bowls of sadness and then I couldn't even finish mine. So rich! Dave and I decided that this was the best chocolate cake in a bowl ever. You've got to try it. Yummo!

Thank you ladies over at 'Some Kitchen Stories', you are amazing. Here is the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment