CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Baking

Decorating with sprinkles.
She did her hair herself.
With chocolate!
With glace cherries.
Poor Isabella is still not quite herself, so to the oven we go for some baking and a cheer up. Nothing like warm biscuits straight from the oven with a nice cup of cold milk.
The easiest and cheapest recipe I know.
120 Biscuits (It makes close to this many!)
1 cup sugar
500g butter
1 tin sweetened condensed milk
5 cups self-raising flour
1. Cream butter and sugar and then add in tin of sweetened condensed milk.
2. Mix in flour.
3. Break up into four bowls and add your choice of stuff to them.
4. Roll into teaspoon sized balls and lay on baking sheet.
5. Bake in a moderate oven for 15 minutes or until just golden.
This recipe is not very sweet so I usually add sweet things to them. Some ideas are: choc chips, cut up dates and rolled oats, roll plain balls of dough into Milo or chocolate powder, cornflakes and sultanas, half a packed of jelly crystals. It's really up to your imagination. I sometimes roll out the biscuits and put them on a baking sheet like I'm going to bake them and then I stick the whole tray in the freezer and till they are hard. I then take the biscuits and put them into freezer bags. Next time I want some freshly baked biscuits I just take out as many biscuits from the freezer as I need, put them back onto a baking sheet and let defrost for a few minutes and then bake as normal. It makes me look much more organised than I am. I always have biscuits ready to bake for company!!

No comments:

Post a Comment