CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The End of the School Holidays

The end of the school holidays of course
coincides with student free day. So this meant that I was off to North Ryde Public to do a presentation on Video Conferencing with Hamish in tow! I was a little worried about how he would behave especially after the grumbling he did when I first arrived 40 minutes early. I had been asked to present at the Staff Development Day before I had Hamish and said I would if I could bring Hamish with me. I was prepared to do it for nothing, or rather I didn't actually think that I would be paid, it just didn't cross my mind, so to say I was happy to be paid for the day would be an understatement!! It seemed to go well. Wendy and I really work well together and were able to interrupt each other smoothly throughout the presentation.



Since I was all dressed up with no where to go afterwards I got the kids to get themselves ready quickly when I got home so that we could all walk up to our local park. They all scootered there including Isabella. She got a little frustrated that she couldn't go as fast as Josh and Sammy, but she still enjoyed herself. Josh and Sammy were very sweet with her when we got to the park and they played with her so nicely. Of course Hamish slept like a baby in the baby bjorn. He just LOVES it!! It's like a sleeping pill for him. I put him in and he'll invariably fall asleep in a matter of minutes. So wonderful, but he's also getting so heavy too. By the time we got back home I had been holding him in the baby bjorn for a total of 4 hours. Three of them were while I was at the school and then another hour at the park. It's just like weight lifting. I hope it's helping me lose those last few pesky kilos.



My three lovelies!
Once we got back home I woke Hamish to feed him and change his nappy and then I took the kids up to Top Ryde City for a last holiday afternoon tea. We visited the food court and Dunkin Donuts was open. So donuts and milkshakes it was. The older two had lime milkshakes. I still remember always asking for green milkshakes as a child. It was my favourite flavour for milkshakes. In Australia its quite rare to find a place that will make green milkshakes. I just had a skinny latte. I'm on a mission to get back into my pre-preggo clothes and I'm getting there slowly. Yay for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment