CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Making Bunting

I have been talking about making bunting for Sammy's room for months. Today I finally got around to starting.

First I used the cardboard template and traced around it on the ironed fabric with a special chalk pen. Sorry no photos of that. I cut them out and pinned them wrong sides together.

Next I sewed the two long sides together using a straight stitch.
You can see how I put the foot next to the edge of the material.
I cut the point off each flag.
I turned them all inside out using a knitting needle. Make sure to do it carefully so that you don't push through the stitches.
I was lucky enough to have two twelve year olds helping. Sammy has her best friend staying over and she was keen to help. Yay for me! It's really hard getting anything done with a newborn around. I love my little man but some days he doesn't want to do anything other than attach himself to me.
Iron all the flags and then cut the little bit of seam sticking out off.
Almost done!
Then take your bias tape and pin the flags in the fold.
Once the flags have been pinned in place it's time to sew your bunting together.
Turn the ends in and sew them.
You're now finished. All you have to do is put the bunting up now and Hamish has been sleeping peacefully in Aunty Lisa's arms after much standing and rocking by her. So grateful!!BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment